Business Services Representative bills all patient accounts to the appropriate insurance company or payor in an efficient, accurate and timely manner according to payor regulations, and, as appropriate, provide assistance in regards to patient bills, customer (patients, families, physician offices, review organizations, insurance companies) in a polite and professional manner.
Minimum Education: High School graduate. Associate Degree preferred.
Minimum Work Experience: At least six (6) months working in a billing or insurance company environment.
• Establishes correct payor and address.
• Requests and obtains required information (medical records, progress notes, accident information).
• Reviews for accuracy of codes (revenue, CPT, and diagnosis) according to payor.
• Reviews bills and insurance forms for discrepancies.
• Sends bill to payor, within three (3) days of computer generation or follows up with department of person information requested from.
Provides Customer Service:
• Answers phone within three (3) rings.
• Provides assistance and accurate answers to customers questions.
• Researches patient complaints with involved department, responding to patient with satisfactory resolution within one (1) week or providing update to patient and continue researching.
• Follow any job-related instructions and perform any other job-related duties requested by the supervisor/director.
Adult and geriatric. All genders, race, ethnic, sociopolitical, demographic, marital and sexual preference groups, developmental and physical abilities, religions, and nationalities.
-Lifting: Occasional-maximum of 30lbs. floor to waist, 1x every 2 months. Frequent-None. Items Lifted-UB92 document boxes.
-Carry: Maximum of 5 lbs. 300+ yards. Example: binders.
-Fine Motor: High degree required for computer and writing skills.
-Computer: Computer work 95% of the day. Mouse 10%, data entry 90%. Phone with computer 15%.
-Standing: Up to 5 minutes at one time and 30 minutes in one day.
-Sitting: Up to 90 minutes at one time and 7.5 hours in one day.
-Kneeling, Crawling, Driving, Climbing: None.
-Stooping: Up to 2 minutes at one time and 15 minutes in one day.
Minimal risk of exposure to blood borne diseases and biohazardous materials.