Supervises the Admitting Department including personnel issues, time and attendance tracking, scheduling, registration processes, insurance authorizations processes, departmental budgeting and customer service. Assists admitting staff with questions involving billing, registration and customer service issues. Keeps knowledge current with regards to insurance regulations and compliance.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Provides a positive and professional representation of the organization.
Promotes culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, reporting, documentation, and prevention.
Maintains hospital standards for a clean and quiet environment.
Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments in related scope of job role or practice.
Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
Maintains compliance with organization’s policies, as well as established practices, protocols, and procedures of the position, department, and applicable professional standards.
Complies with organizational and regulatory policies for handling confidential information.
Demonstrates excellent customer service through his/her attitude and actions, consistent with the standards contained in The Gritman Way.
-Assists registration staff with job training functions of the department and hospital.
-Manages payroll and admitting department employee relations.
-Holds department meetings regularly.
-Audits admission accuracy.
-Reports to Compliance Committee, Safety Committee, and Revenue Cycle Committee. Drag Edit Delete
Neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric Drag Edit Delete
- Sitting: 50% Walking: 50%.
- Occasional lifting/carrying supplies and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Occasional pushing/pulling of wheelchairs weighing over 200 pounds.
- Occasional climbing of stairs to other levels of building.
- Occasional stooping and kneeling to access documents and supplies in lower cabinets.
-Constant talking, hearing, and seeing to interact with patients, staff and visitors. Drag Edit Delete
- Location: Inside.
- Frequent exposure to noise to cause distraction from switchboard, Envoy and printer.
- Minimal risk of injury due to proximity of moving parts on computer printer and typewriter.
- Minimal exposure to biohazardous materials.