Responsible for oversight and strategic direction of Revenue Cycle Operations.
• Bachelor’s degree: or a combination of education and professional experience.
• Five years of relevant revenue cycle or finance experience; three years management experience.
• HFMA, MGMA, or AHIMA certification preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver financial results and solid process improvement.experience.
• Experience with Charge Description Master (CDM) and denial management.
• Thorough knowledge of financial reporting policies and procedures in a healthcare environment.
• Ability to coordinate, and monitor audits when necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree required; or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the director with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the job required.
Minimum Work Experience
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience in the healthcare revenue cycle.
• Minimum of 3 years of management experience required.
• Critical Access Hospital experience desirable.
• HFMA, MGMA or AHIMA certification desirable.
• Provides strategic direction and oversight of Revenue Cycle processes, including Patient Access, charge master description, revenue cycle reporting, charge capture process, denial management and related functions through quality data, policies and efficient procedures.
• Leads and manages Revenue Cycle projects, working with key stakeholders. Coordinates and implements revenue cycle initiatives, including identifying and assembling resources when necessary.
• Actively monitors operational performance to anticipate and meet the needs of leadership. Maintains revenue cycle KPI’s within established industry standards and instill accountability and ownership at the appropriate level.
• Fosters a positive and proactive work environment, emphasizing respect for individuals, high standards of quality, customer service, innovation and team work.
• Motivates, facilitates, mentors and coaches team to deliver high quality, cost effective services. Facilitates the ongoing learning, well-being, professional satisfaction and development of staff through training, work assignments, increased responsibility and mentoring.
• Ensures that organizational integrity and regulatory standards are maintained in all Revenue Cycle policies, procedures and processes. Ensures that all team members know and understand their role related to regulatory compliance.
• Identifies opportunities for process improvement, and implements them by engaging stakeholders throughout the organization. Manages assigned departmental budget oversight. Includes routine monitoring, adjustment and annual budget development process.
• Works collaboratively with key stakeholders throughout Gritman to ensure that revenue and reimbursement properly report and support the services provided.
• Drives for changes in work products and processes that will improve functional area efficiencies and effectiveness.
• Partners with organizational leaders to ensure that operations and processes remain consistent and emulate best practices.
• Supports payor contract analysis, review and negotiations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
• Solid process improvement skills.
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to connect with all levels within the organization and external vendors.
• Strong analytical and negotiating skills.
• Ability to develop and present concise information.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting and financial reporting policies and procedures in a hospital or clinic environment.
• Must have working knowledge of Revenue Cycle tools
• Must be detail oriented and well organized.
• Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
• Provides a positive and professional representation of the organization.
• Promotes culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, reporting, documentation, and prevention.
• Maintains hospital standards for a clean and quiet environment.
• Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments in related scope of job role or practice.
• Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
• Maintains compliance with organization’s policies, as well as established practices, protocols, and procedures of the position, department, and applicable professional standards.
• Complies with organizational and regulatory policies for handling confidential information.
• Demonstrates excellent customer service through his/her attitude and actions, consistent with the standards contained in The Gritman Way.