The Development Coordinator acts as a liaison between the hospital foundation, Board of trustees, Development Director and the community. The Development Coordinator will manage annual giving, donor relations, fundraising campaigns, special events, coordination of funding requests, Foundation promotion design, website management, social media management, grant proposals and other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in a Business, Marketing, Public Relations field, other related field, or equivalent experience. Experience as a Foundation/development professional, including grant writing experience helpful. Drag Edit Delete
Minimum Work Experience
1 – 2 years’ experience in a business environment; previous foundation experience preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Good public speaking and interpersonal skills, required. The ability to work with minimal supervision is required.
Provides a positive and professional representation of the organization.
Promotes culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, reporting, documentation, and prevention.
Maintains hospital standards for a clean and quiet environment.
Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments in related scope of job role or practice.
Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
Maintains compliance with organization’s policies, as well as established practices, protocols, and procedures of the position, department, and applicable professional standards.
Complies with organizational and regulatory policies for handling confidential information.
Demonstrates excellent customer service through his/her attitude and actions, consistent with the standards contained in The Gritman Way.
Frequently walk, stand and sit; must be able to stoop, bend, and reach.
Good visual acuity. Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
• Responsible for text for Foundation website management including coordination of text and updates
• Responsible for developing appropriate donor communications materials including Annual Report
• Conduct foundation and corporate prospect research
• Develop and implement Development/Foundation social media content
• Researches support from individual and corporate foundations and major gift prospects
• Coordinates with hospital department(s) to determine if there are special funding needs and sources.
• Coordinates and execute special events
• Attend community events and network with community members and potential prospects
• Propose and write for grants for the foundation
• Maintain accurate donor records
• Maintain Capital Campaign and endowment records, track pledges, send reminder notices of pledges due, send acknowledgements of donations received
• Design foundation promotions.
• Other duties as may be assigned