- Process all vendor payments within payment terms.
- Assists in the development of new systems and/or projects that streamline the accounts payable process.
- Reviews and maintains accounts payable vendor list.
- Develops and maintains internal control policies and procedures to ensure safeguarding of hospital financial assets.
- Provides AP departmental reports to Directors monthly.
- Prepares filing of federal, state, hospital association, third party, and other financial reports monthly, quarterly & annually. (1099's)
- Assists in monthly closing by preparing and reconciling accounts assigned by Director.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Attends and participates in appropriate meetings.
- Perform other non-essential functions as requested.
- Provides a positive and professional representation of the organization.
- Promotes culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, reporting, documentation, and prevention.
- Maintains hospital standards for a clean and quiet environment.
- Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments in related scope of job role or practice.
- Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
- Maintains compliance with organization’s policies, as well as established practices, protocols, and procedures of the position, department, and applicable professional standards.
- Complies with organizational and regulatory policies for handling confidential information.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service through his/her attitude and actions, consistent with the standards contained in The Gritman Way.
- Occasionally lifting/carrying of supplies and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Occasionally pushing/pulling of equipment and filing cabinet drawers weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Occasional climbing of stairs to other levels of the building.
- Occasionally stooping/kneeling/crouching to access documents and supplies in lower cabinets.
- Frequent reaching/handling/fingering to complete paperwork, use phone, and computer.
- Constant talking/hearing/seeing to interact with staff and vendors.
Minimal exposure to biohazardous materials.