Ensures that Gritman Medical Center's campus and off-site facilities offer an attractive, accessible, litter and hazard-free environment to the population served and the community at large. Groundskeeper is responsible for maintaining landscaping, courtyards, parking lots, walkways, driveways, exterior signs and lighting, drainage, irrigation, vehicles and equipment. Seasonal duties include operating equipment to keep the campus free of leaves, snow, and ice and assisting with minor building improvements. Public access and safety are to be considered at all times and conditions posing a hazard are to be corrected or reported to the Engineering Director immediately. Responsible for completing assigned work orders including painting, moving furnishings, changing lamps and ballasts, and minor plumbing repairs. 40 hour work week subject to longer hours, varied shifts and call rotation.
Understanding of current methods and materials for planting and maintaining plants, shrubs, etc… Knowledge of safe work practices. Ability to organize, plan, and implement process improvements. Ability to prioritize assigned workload with minimum supervision and optimum efficiency. Ability to perform basic facility maintenance and repairs
• Performs daily assignments to maintain grounds, paths, and parking areas according to weather and maintenance schedule.
• During appropriate seasons, plant appropriate items, remove weeds and apply mulch.
• Responsible for snow removal in parking areas and sidewalks.
• Removes trash from trash cans and picks up litter from all grounds.
• Performs maintenance on all grounds equipment.
• Manages the parking lots by checking permits in parked vehicles on Gritman Properties.
• Performs simple carpentry tasks such as installing shelves, hooks, and drywall patches.
• Change lamps and minor electrical tasks.
• Open clogged drains, fix leaks and other plumbing jobs.
• Assists with loading and unloading items in the facilities.
• Assists with filter replacement in HVAC systems.
• Ensures that tools and maintenance equipment are in working order and maintains shop in new and safe condition.
• Responsible for cleaning engineering vehicles.
• Manages recycling trailer and storage units.
• Responsible for taking garbage to disposal center.
Neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
-Lifting: Occasional-Max of 50 lbs. from floor to chest height, 1 x every 2 weeks. Frequent-Max of 10 lbs. floor to overhead height, 20 x hour. Items Lifted: chairs, equipment, tools, televisions, etc…
-Push/Pull: Moderate force to push dollies, heavy carts for 300+ yards.
-Carry: Maximum of 50 lbs. up to 3 feet. (TV, freight, parts, supplies, sinks, toilets)
-Fine Motor: High degree to manipulate tools and for occasional computer use.
-Climbing: Up to 3 minutes at one time and 60 minutes per day.
-Stand: Up to 40 minutes at one time and 6 hours per day.
-Sit: Up to 20 minutes at one time and 90 minutes per day.
-Kneeling: Up to 5 minutes at one time and 5 minutes per day.
-Stooping: Up to 10 minutes at one time and up to 4 hours per day.
-Driving: Up to 1 hour at one time and 6 hours per day.
-Comments: Exposed to outside weather, saw vibration and hard or wet floor surfaces. Required to lay down under furniture to fix parts. Good hearing and vision. Requires extensive walking.
Drag Edit Delete
Subject to temperature extremes.
Environmental hazards exist with temperatures, chemicals, and power equipment.