We are currently seeking a half-time Hospice Resource Coordinator who is an outgoing, team-spirited individual. The qualified individual will possess strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work activities and manage multiple tasks while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
This is a half-time, benefited, non-exempt position.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Hospice Resource Coordinator is responsible for raising awareness, coordinating activities and recruiting volunteers on behalf of Gritman Medical Center and Friends of Hospice to communicate all resources available through the program to the community. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a liaison between Gritman Medical Center and Hospice services on the Palouse.
- Maintain database of all active Hospice and end-of-life volunteers.
- Provide education and direction to patients, connecting them to and with appropriate Hospice resources.
- Review, administer, and monitor patient fund requests in compliance with funding guidelines.
- Raise awareness of Hospice and end-of-life services in the community through various events, marketing, and outreach engagements.
- Manage financial operations to ensure accurate documentation of volunteer time and all fund development efforts.
- Collaborate with Hospice staff and volunteers in the development of a communication program to promote community awareness.
- Coordinate supplementary volunteer education, physician support, community outreach, and grief counseling.
- Ensure the department complies with federal, state and local regulations and standards.
- Coordinate special events.
- Assist with coordination of community education seminars in partnership with Friends of Hospice.
- Maintain accurate database of community resources related to Hospice.
- Project management as assigned.
- Serve on committees as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.