This is a volunteer position.
Observing a medical professional prior to selecting a lifelong career is invaluable. Our job shadow program allows students to explore various careers within hospital departments.
Most positions are observation-only. Positions are assigned based on staff availability and are highly competitive.
Eligibility: All applications considered.
The age range for a Junior Volunteer is 14-18 years old.
Time commitment: Short term - maximum 40 hours (total volunteer experience)
Participation opportunities include:
- Administration - clerical duties
- Bertie's Gift Shoppe - as assigned
- Cancer Resource Center - interface with clients and staff/research
- Cardiac Rehab - assist with classes and observation
- Clinical Nutrition - observation only
- Community Relations/Marketing - assist with projects, fairs and events
- Community Wellness - assist with participants and/or support activities
- Education - assist with community and in-house projects
- Engineering/Facility Maintenance - assist in plant services areas
- Environmental Services - as assigned
- Fiscal Services - assist with accounting projects
- Foundation - assist with projects, fundraising and research
- Information Services - assist with technology and research projects
- Laboratory - as assigned
- Medical Records - as assigned
- Pharmacy - observation only
- Physical Therapy - observation only
- Radiology - observation only
- Recycling - monitor and pick up recycling materials
- Strategic Quality Management (SQM) - assist with quality-related projects and research
- Volunteer Services - assist with volunteer management and projects