This is a volunteer position.
Experiencing a career prior to receiving a degree is invaluable. Our volunteer and intern programs allow you to explore various positions within healthcare as well as support services of our Medical Center.
College volunteers contribute hours in their area of interest and/or major. Internships are unpaid. If credited, a contract between the college and Gritman Medical Center is required.
If not a credited internship, availability may be limited to less than 40 total hours.
Placement is subject to availability and is highly competitive.
Placement opportunities include:
*Preference given to contract students
- Administration - clerical duties
- Bertie's Gift Shoppe - work shifts while gaining retail experience
- Cancer Resource Center - interface with clients and staff/research
- Cardiac Rehab*
- Clinical Nutrition*
- Community Relations/Marketing - assist with projects, fairs and events
- Community Wellness - assist with participants and/or support projects
- Education - assist with community and in-house projects
- Emergency Department - 3rd and 4th year students planning to pursue a medical career
- Engineering/Facility Maintenance - assist in plant services areas
- Environmental Services - as assigned
- Fiscal Services - assist with accounting projects
- Foundation - assist with projects, fundraising and research
- Information Services - assist with technology and research projects
- Medical Records - assist with filing, scanning and customer service
- Physical Therapy*
- Recycling - monitor and pick up recycling materials
- Strategic Quality Management (SQM) - assist with quality-related projects and research
- Volunteer Services - assist with volunteer management and projects